Monday, November 14, 2011

SF 49ers vs. NY Giants

So This weekend I covered Stanford-Oregon (post to come) on Saturday night, then followed that up with 49ers-Giants on Sunday. I felt like I did a good job last week with the Raiders game, and was really looking forward to this weekend. Long story short, a difficult Stanford game left me tired and out of sorts for Sundays game and I really feel like I blew it.

I think this shot pretty much sums up my weekend, Close, but just milliseconds away from a decent shot! Mario Manningham hauls in a touchdown pass.Meanwhile I get a great shot of the ball...


The game itself turned into a good one with an exciting finish. The Giants converted 2 fourth downs and came literally this close to tying the game!


Alex Smith continues to impress and played a largely mistake free game. 

Runningback Frank Gore sustained an injury and left the game pretty early. 

Gores counterpart Brandon Jacobs is quite a physical specimen, but was largely held in check by the 49er defense. 

Eli Manning looked pretty good, but a costly interception that led to a 49er touchdown proved to be the difference in the game. 

All in all, it was a good game, and I hope to rebound my next assignment and get some shots I really feel good about.

No comments: